Requirements for Patrols to Earn National Honor Patrol:
Your patrol can earn the award by doing the following over a period of three months:
- Have a patrol name, flag, and yell. Put your patrol design on equipment and use your patrol yell. Keep patrol records up to date.
- Hold two patrol meetings every month.
- Take part in at least one hike, outdoor activity, or other scouting event.
- Complete two good turns or service projects approved by the patrol leaders’ council.
- Help two patrol members advance one rank.
- Wear the full uniform correctly (at least 75 percent of the patrol’s membership).
- Have a representative attend at least three patrol leaders’ council meetings.
- Have eight members in the patrol or increase patrol memberships over the previous three months.
The National Honor Patrol Award is an embroidered star worn beneath the patrol medallion, and will spotlight a patrol as a high-standard group.